Due to a sedentary lifestyle, many people show signs of cervical osteochondrosis. The age group is especially susceptible to it from 25 years. And the further, the more often this disease occurs. Everyone needs to know enough information about what cervical osteochondrosis is and what is its treatment at home.
All about cervical osteochondrosis
Cervical osteochondrosis is easy enough to recognize even against the background of other diseases. The first sign of this pathology of the cervical spine is the cracking of the neck joints. If this symptom was noticed, you need to carefully monitor yourself. You need to notice any possible symptoms, so that you can then tell your doctor in detail, then you can even treat cervical osteochondrosis at home.
Headaches are another symptom. Possible pain in the neck, pain when moving the eyes, head. Diagnosis of this disease is an important step in treatment. Neurologists will look after you, as the disease is complex, often turns into something serious. The main symptom is increasing pain during movement. The disease is quite complex, but even doctors will mainly tell you how to treat cervical osteochondrosis at home.
The main symptoms
Determining the presence of osteochondrosis and, perhaps, the stage is not as difficult as it might seem. There are 5 main distinctive manifestations of pathologies in cervical osteochondrosis:
- A constant feeling of discomfort, discomfort in the area of the cervical vertebrae, static "aching" pain is possible.
- The head hurts too often. The headache is accompanied by general weakness and fatigue that does not go away.
- Strange pain in the left side of the chest where most of the heart is located ("shoots" or "shoots" in the upper limb).
- Feeling of numbness in the arms or legs is possible, but not completely, but only partially.
- If osteochondrosis goes further, then vision and hearing deteriorate. Then it gives to the organs of balance, which causes dizziness and nausea.
It often happens that a person simply "scores" on these symptoms and treatment. Symptoms are the body's screams for us to pay attention. It is extremely foolish to ignore them. So after identifying any symptoms that worry you or if you suspect some kind of illness, you should immediately go to the specialists and cure osteochondrosis. It is important!
Possible causes of the disease
Everyone understands that initially nature did not conceive our lifestyle that way, because the vertebra is not adapted to many things that we do. That is, the disease arises from the wrong way of life, which makes it very "popular". Also, everyone should know that it is permissible to treat cervical osteochondrosis with folk remedies. Causes:
- constant work in a sitting position;
- the minimum amount of physical exercise and lack of stress;
- may occur after a back injury;
- constant walking in the wrong position, crooked posture;
- the body too often tolerates great cold, that is, it is supercooled;
- too much load is also bad, as is the lack of it. You can not overstrain;
- the same applies not only to muscles, but also to the mental state. Stress may not be the main cause, but it can provoke and exacerbate the condition;
- the last reason may be infections.
Why does the pain appear?
In the cervical spine are important nerves (in the same place and the spinal cord), as well as blood vessels. If the joints are damaged, then squeezing occurs, and spasms or cramps are possible. Pain sensations are signals from the body that first go from the spinal cord to the brain, and there it is interpreted as severe pain. Everything so that a person pays attention. Spasms and cramps only worsen everything, because they add pressure to the nerves and capillaries, thereby increasing the pain.
If the disease is actively proceeding, then the arteries are pressed down. This is even more dangerous, since then less nutrients go to the brain, which causes "starvation". The consequence will be increased pressure.
High blood pressure will make itself felt because pain will manifest itself in the back of the head. A similar illness in terms of symptoms is hypertension. A cardiologist can help distinguish the disease, since the pathology of the heart has nothing to do with it. And other doctors, in turn, will tell you how to treat osteochondrosis of the cervical spine at home.
The main methods of diagnosis and further determination of the treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine:
- X-ray. The least effective but traditional diagnostic method.
- Magnetic resonance imaging is the most effective diagnostic method. With this type of patient examination, all the necessary structures are visible.
- If it is necessary to measure changes, then computed tomography is used. Determines the presence of hernias and other things.
- The last method is ultrasonic duplex scanning. This research method determines the speed of blood flow in the arteries.
It is impossible to accurately determine the disease of the spine at home.
Traditional methods of treatment
Alternative treatment of cervical osteochondrosis - pine cones. Apply folk remedies made from cones in a short course. How to cook at home quickly?
Bumps are chosen about 2 cm in length, but not less than 1. 4 cm, so they do not bring much benefit for the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis. The buds are washed and crushed. Sugar is added not more than 33% (1/3). The remedy should be infused for 10-15 days. You can store it for a year.
It is necessary to use this remedy orally for treatment at home. One tablespoon of the substance, 3-4 doses per day. You do not need to break the regime, you must take the remedy for at least 3-4 weeks.
- For the first remedy, you need to take 100 grams of mustard powder, 100 ml of camphor alcohol, 100 ml of diluted medical alcohol and, lastly, 5-7 killed proteins without yolk. All these ingredients must be mixed and insisted for about 9-11 hours in the dark and dryness.
- The second alternative treatment for osteochondrosis is prepared from three ingredients. The first is honey. According to the recipe, you need to take 200 grams of honey, add 100 grams of aloe plant juice to it. And the last is medical alcohol, 300 ml. Mix all this and leave for 10 hours.
- For the treatment of the spine with folk remedies, a mixture of medical alcohol, iodine, analginum and camphor alcohol is created. We take 10 ml of iodine, add to 300 ml of honey alcohol, 10 ml of camphor alcohol and 10 tablets of crushed, crushed analgin to it. All this, of course, mix. It is necessary to wipe the affected areas.
After a person knows the recipes, you need to move on to classes. Before you start doing the exercises, you need to memorize all the basic rules for performing these exercises.
A short list of rules:
- The whole set of exercises must be performed in any case when there is a free 10 minutes.
- All exercises must be done in the morning and in the evening. Regularity will improve the effect.
- In the morning and in the evening, everything is done while standing.
- If there is pain in the neck, then immediately you need to perform a set of exercises related to head rotations.
- Exercise should be combined with a simple massage.
All exercises listed below should be done at a slow, calm pace, without haste.
Lying on the floor. One hand on the stomach, the other on the chest. This is a breathing exercise. A slow inhalation should first lift the abdomen and then the chest. The air should confidently fill the lungs. The exhalation should be even slower. Reps not less than 10.
The same lying position. Lies on his stomach, and at the same time his arms are along the body. Turns (rotation) of the head to the right, left. The desire to reach the floor with the ear. Reps from 5.
In a sitting position. Smooth lowering and raising of the head (forward and backward). There should be no pain. Reps not less than 10.
More difficult exercises
It is important to understand that the previous exercises are very important. There is no need to pay attention to their elementary character, this is not an indicator.
- Standing position, arms are lowered along the body. Hands need to be strained as much as possible and at the same time align the back so that neither the shoulder blades nor the shoulders rise. You need to hold this position for about 5 seconds, then relaxation. This is an exercise for relaxing the neck.
- While standing, you need to lower your head forward. In this case, the entire spine should bend (not only its cervical region). After that, we perform the opposite action, that is, throwing the head back. This exercise is called twisting. Repetitions until the cervical spine is warm.
- Another exercise is the mill. In a standing position, you need to tilt, and in this position, you need to swing your hands.
Warming up, contrast shower
The immediate answer to the question of whether it is possible to warm osteochondrosis is impossible. In general, with osteochondrosis, this method is used. But it cannot be used specifically for cervical pathology. Treatment with mustard plasters of the muscles in the neck area entails a worsening of all inflammatory processes. The swelling increases as more blood flows in. From this it is easy to identify the answer to the question, is it possible to warm cervical osteochondrosis? After warming up with cervical osteochondrosis, the pain will reappear with even greater intensity.
A contrast shower is allowed. In this case, the muscles relax, and the vessels dilate. Many symptoms are eliminated. But it is important to understand that you need to combine all the methods of treatment and it will not be much better from one contrast shower.
Contraindications, opinions of doctors
All of the above drugs for osteochondrosis, namely osteochondrosis of the neck, have their own contraindications associated with an allergic reaction to one or another ingredient.
Exercises need to be combined and you cannot bring them to pain, this will only aggravate everything.
The opinions of doctors agree on one thing. Independently, using folk methods, treatment is dangerous. First, you need diagnostics and consultations. Then you need to use all possible methods of treatment, combining them.